UltravioletPhotography

Is Nikongear.net safe?

Bill De Jager

When I try to access nikongear.net over the past several days, Firefox warns me that the site is not safe. The error is:

"Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for nikongear.net. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.accountservergroup.com, accountservergroup.com

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN"

Chrome gives a similar warning, and does my wife's computer which otherwise has never accessed that site. So it's not a problem with my browser or computer.

Actually nikongear.net *is* safe. and does run the https protocol. However, we have a minor issue with the certificate after we had to repair the internal database of the site. The accountservergroup.com is of Site5, our server provider.

I trust Andrea will be able to sort this issue when she eventually emerges from all her packing cardboard boxes, moving from New Jersey to New Mexico. In the mean time, just allow NG as an exception and you'll be fine. We do not snoop or steal anything of information.