UltravioletPhotography

UVF "landscape": attempt to shoot

ins13

Olympus em1, Olympus 8mm f3.5 fisheye, tripod and hand-hold, calm and windy weather, late twilight

10-led flashlight https://www.ultravio...__fromsearch__1

aperture 3.5-8, iso 100-3200, 0,15-1,6 s

The fisheye lens was not the best choice for this photoshoot.

Obviously, it transmits a certain amount of ultraviolet light. this leads to two consequences. First, the excessive violet of the picture appears. Secondly, the presence of ultraviolet gives large chromatic aberrations. the consequence - "rattling" and blurring at the pictures in retreating from their centers. This lens does not produce significant chromatic aberrations when shooting in the visible spectrum.

but nevertheless this lens gave opportunity to shoot some semblance of landscapes. It has a wide angle and can shoot up very close. these its two properties is a plus in this photoshoot

Sky, sea, moon, star and building on the horizon.

Everyone knows how to look plants on the coast usually. Sand, salt, wind and the sun have beaten them. They are gray-green, monochrome, there is nothing colorful. but fluorescence gives a completely different picture of the night coast. I regret not shooting as it was with the usual "visible" flashlight for comparison

post-237-0-39095100-1568796603.jpg

post-237-0-96777500-1568796613.jpg

post-237-0-11562300-1568796624.jpg

post-237-0-91358400-1568796633.jpg

post-237-0-63483100-1568796646.jpg

post-237-0-03545100-1568796660.jpg

post-237-0-56798500-1568796669.jpg

These are interesting contributions. The fourth in the series, with Eryngium maritimum, is my favourite.

I like the overall colour rendition you have achieved. The balance with ambient light is a little on the harsh side for some of these images, though.

Common name of Eryngium maritimum is Sea Holly. Once widespread along north European shores, but now threatened and protected by law in many countries. Believed to be an aphrodisiac* thus indirectly threatened the species further towards extinction.
* don't ask me why

Wait, the old Olympus 8mm f3.5 43rds fisheye transmits UV?

Does it have a back gel holder like the Panasonic 8mm f3.5 fisheye for m43rds?

How well does it transmit UV?

nfoto,

yes, its local populations are declining on some locations here, too. I read it just now following your words, thanks

dabateman,

This is it https://www.bhphotov...Fisheye_ED.html

I think, it has no gel holder

It transmits UV, a little. it was unexpected. The light from the 365nm Convoy flashlight can be seen with this lens. I checked it when I got back home. I should have checked ahead of time. These huge chromatic aberration spoiled pictures. I do not see any other reason for their appearance except as a significant leak UV. Olympus em1 is unmodified, but it can see a little UV 365nm

When the sun appears, I will go and check out the UV photos with this fisheye, i will hand-hold filters in front of it. on modified Olympus em5

by the way, I checked the Olympus body caps 15 and 9mm as UV lenses :smile: I will make a topic about it

Cadmium,

thank you very much!!!

Andy Perrin,

thanks a lot! Yes :smile:

Thank you,

Your photos are really interesting. I have thought to walk around at night to get some UVIVF and UVIIRF with a convoy, but I am typically on full duty at night. So can't venture too far. That 10 Led flashlight really works well for the wide angle.

Yes it looks like there is no way to add a filter to the 8mm fisheye. I looked at some detail images of the lens. I will stick too my Peleng 8mm fisheye. It only allows 390nm through, but thats enough. I can screw on my 25mm 390bp25 filter to the back.

I saw the 15mm f8 images. That lens seems quite usable. The body cap fisheye seems very dark. Most likely not much UV is coming through.

Thanks a lot!)

Yes, the filters can not attached to this fisheye. i have fisheye Zenitar 16mm for full frame, I'm going to try to shoot with him on m43, it has the ability to attach the filters in its backside

Definitely, this flashlight is good! Although it is slightly too broadly shining. it will be good a little bit to make narrower its beam and make it more concentrated. I'll try to make a reflective "hood" of white teflon. Or some other highly reflective 365 nm things.

I'd be happy to get some advice on uv-reflective material for this purpose .

But and so as there is very well. it supports the ability to shoot whole scenes and not just close as with the Convoy

By the way, Denis agreed to sell this flashlight to me. And soon it will be my personal :grin:

theoretically, perhaps Denis can do other such flashlight if need be

Eka, are the fluorescent colours in the photos the same as you were seeing? A very interesting series!

I like the 2nd photo. The wine-coloured, heart-shaped leaves look a little scarey in the night scene. Like this plant is going to grab you when you walk by!! :lol:

Andrea, thanks a lot!!) There was a wind when I photographed, so the leaves moved and perhaps it would be even more like a "movable" creature :smile:

The fluorescent colors were generally similar to what I saw, but they were a little more purplish. However some - not all - objects of slightly more purplish-purple on the photos than that I seen. For example, the sand was less purple, only a slight purple tinge. but on the whole it was the same

this fisheye suddenly passes a significant proportion of ultraviolet light. UV gives purple tint to pictures

cheap plastic construction glasses with UV protection as UV blocking filter)

post-237-0-53684400-1569048512.jpg