UltravioletPhotography

Hello from South Wales!

splittingthespectrum

splittingthespectrum

Hello All!

I've used this forum as a trusted source of advice for UVIVF and reflected UV for years and thought it was time to become a member, thank you for letting me!

I have a full spectrum A7II and a few of the recommended UV capable 35mm f3.5 (Soligor, f22 version Takumar, Crystar) I as well as full spectrum Vivitar 283's, 285's, about 4 different variations of Metz 44 and 45 hammerhead flashes and a B+W 403 filter, so almost there, just need a 2" S8612!

I shoot mainly infrared landscapes and macro, although I would like to get into reflected UV portraits and forensic science photography techniques to photograph latent fingerprints.

Nice to meet you all, I look forward to hearing your words of wisdom!

Welcome to the UVP community. We look forward to be better acquainted with you and your work, and certainly will try to be of assistance whenever possible.

Hi, Split and welcome to the forum. I joined recently, and am finding it very interesting and helpful.

You're looking to work on some interesting areas, so make sure you post some results and write-ups!

Hello and welcome to UVP! It is nice to hear that our pages have been useful to you. :grin:

We have some wonderful work in the Portraits section. I've grown quite fond of UV portraiture over the years. (At first it looked sooo strange!)

And we will welcome your IR landscapes to the Infrared board.

We have a Forensics board, but it does not yet have too much in it. So anything you can add about photographing latent fingerprints or other uses of UV in forensics will also be welcomed.