UltravioletPhotography

UV self portrait... new favourite lens :)

Timber

I've been long looking for a suitable lens for portraits. The EL-Nikkor 80mm f5.6 is really good, but a little short, I'd prefer something in the 135+ range. So I took out my old Meyer Gorlitz Optics - Primotar 180mm f3.5 lens. It's huge. Has 67mm filter thread. So the problems started here... :D But it seems that even with a 52mm filter it does not vignettes... makes me wonder why the big lens then? :D So I shot a few testshots on sky and house and flowers just to find out it's not bad for UV... and that's an understatement :) Actually for it's focal length and amount of glass it's quite good!

Here's a photo to prove :) I am a bit tanned as it's end of summer, but check the area where I have a vitsiligo or near the eyebrows, really good UV pattern :)

A7II, ISO1600, f3.5, 1/10, U360x2+S8612x1.5 with 5PM UK sun (so UV is a little limited)

The camera was 2.2 meters from me (that is 7.3 smelly feet :P if you like to measure in a system that absolutely makes no sense)

dsc07672.jpg

I've been long looking for a suitable lens for portraits. The EL-Nikkor 80mm f5.6 is really good, but a little short, I'd prefer something in the 135+ range. So I took out my old Meyer Gorlitz Optics - Primotar 180mm f3.5 lens. It's huge. Has 67mm filter thread. So the problems started here... :D But it seems that even with a 52mm filter it does not vignettes... makes me wonder why the big lens then? :D

The optics in the lens was designed for medium format 6x6cm

There is a version for the Hasselblad mount:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meyer-Primotar-3-5-180mm-for-Hasselblad/253808093489?hash=item3b18242931:g:DNYAAOSwX4dbbbsT