UltravioletPhotography

UV+ with UVglass УФС1+QB21

That goose is very cool!

I very much enjoyed the butterflies. I like to go on hikes and look for butterflies on wildflowers.

The brown and blue is very unusual. You have put a "leaky" filter to good use artistically.

I agree, the goose looks like it has a really smug content smile.

Even if the filter stack is a bit leaky the amount is very well balanced, keeping the foliage mainly dark.

I like the colour palette you get very much, including the brown tones.

My favourite is the golden shimmering butterfly.

OK, I'm game then...

I will say right off the goose isn't interesting to me personally. Not at all. It is the least of my favorite pics.

Now, my favorite is the yellow flower, because it shows a true strong yellow, and at the same time shows that brown center.

So this is a UV+Blue+Green+Red stack.

Now, you will get the same brown with a BG3 stack, but that is a different thing.

What we have here is a UG5 type stack, and the only conclusion I can come up with is that the Red/IR 700nm range is leaking some.

Like you all say, nice pics, interesting mix, which can be performed on purpose or not, but that 'leak' is my conclusion for the brown.

Also, the butterfly pic just below the Duck or Goose, or whatever that is, is my second favorite, flower with brown center and butterfly or whatever that is.

You sure that is a goose?

Looks like a duck.

Thank you so much. I'm very happy you like it!! :smile:

dabateman,

the butterfly is my favorite picture here, too. Thanks!)

Steve,

thank you)

I think maybe brownish hues can appear due to the red color 670-700 nm. is that possible? I was looking at Dimitry's spectra. it's very similar to that

Andrea,

it was a very strange goose. He arrived in the morning, walked with us, entertained us all day, and in the evening flew away :smile:

I love taking pictures of butterflies, too) I often try to photograph them in UV. but usually they are not sharp - usually not enough exposure..

Yes, I love a "leaky" filters :grin: Probably, the photos with such filters have absolutely no research value, but I really like their artistic effect. Thank you, Andrea!

UlfW,

maybe the goose was actually smiling. it was an unusual goose. I'm not much of an expert on geese, but I thought this one was too brainy for a goose :grin:

Yes, the colors in the pictures turned out nice. I will use these filters often now. it was an omission to shoot not with them

Thank you!

Eka, yes, 670-700nm is red...

You can make a UG5/U-330 stack work that way by stacking with BG40 or BG38 (for example) to let the UG5 show some of that red/IR.

But I didn't think the QB21 worked like that exactly. I think the only China BG type filter I have is QB39 which works more like a BG39 filter.

I see various graphs plots for those China filters, so I don't know which to believe for the QB21.

Yes, крякать :grin:

but this bird didnt quack. sometimes it made very subtle cooing sounds. I have already written above that it was a very strange bird :grin:

I have a graph qb21. It did Denis https://invis-light.livejournal.com/ that Denis, which given to me for testing that UV-flashlight-whopper

QB1 dark blue

and russian СЗС21 blue

post-237-0-77292900-1566893173.jpg

• 1 month later...
enricosavazzi

It looks like a duck to me.

My guess would be a mute duck, or a cross of a mute duck and some other duck. The "mute" part of the name refers to the fact that it does not often quack like most other ducks but more commonly hisses or "blows air", although it is not completely mute.

It was not uncommon some 50 years ago on farms in northern Italy where I grew up. At that time it was typical to see a much greater biodiversity of free-ranging domestic animals than now. At present farms are more run like industrial factories, with few or no free-ranging animals to be seen in the courtyard.