UltravioletPhotography

Test of a 10-UV-LED Flashlight

ins13

comparison with UV flashlight Convoy

all photos below without tripod, hands only

post-237-0-02924500-1565774004.jpg

where I've got this flashlight from?

a good person Denis https://invis-light.livejournal.com/ remade this flashlight from underwater lighting.

I do not know the details of its modification. I got it for testing.

probably the theme about this device without the technical details should be placed in another section, but I don't know....

this device allows to shoot fluorescence with a wide and very wide angle lenses

Olympus em1, olympus 11-22mm, iso 1600, f3,4, 1/4-1/5 s

post-237-0-75307800-1565774666.jpg

post-237-0-00313800-1565774924.jpg

0,2-0,5s

post-237-0-70904600-1565774998.jpg

post-237-0-64605800-1565775092.jpg

1/20s

post-237-0-27768800-1565775160.jpg

these pictures are the very first. of course something can be done better when shooting. and need to try use with a tripod.

Very interesting wide field UV flashlight.

Can you take a photo of it next to the convoy for size comparison.

Also were the exposure settings the same in your first comparison photo with the convoy?

yes, interesting :smile:

The exposures were different in the first comparison photo. 1,3s with Convoy and 1/4s with this flashlight. I took pictures at aperture priority

other settings were: exposure compensation -0,7, iso 1600, 20mm, f3,4

post-237-0-64706900-1565786668.jpg

Andy Perrin,

Thank you!) I will tell Denis :smile:

I like this flashlight too

colinbm,

I didn't find a description of this torch there too. This is a trial variant. perhaps when it is finalized, there will be some information. i dont know. I'll ask Denis about it

Wow, that flashlight is what we call a "whopper" !!

I think it would be quite useful for fluorescence work.

Although if held too close, it might fry the photographic subject. :blink:

I sometimes band together my 4 small single-chip UV-Led flashes for larger coverage.

Eka, I put a UV Lighting tag on your post so that it will appear in tag searches for UV illumination.

Well I would be interested in a light like that. Those exposure settings are excellent.

Let me know if one becomes available.

Brand?

Model?

LED Brand/model?

Battery type, and number of batteries?

Does it have a filter? If so, what filter/thickness?

I see it has two buttons? Is one button for UV and the other for white light? If so, then how many LED's does it have for each kind of light, for each button?

10 LED's total, or 10 LED's just for UV?

What is the peak UV NM for the UV LED's.

Many such torches are 390-400nm, sometimes a mix of high UV and low visible violet also.

It may be hard to find out the actual NM of the LED's.

365nm is best to have.

More info needed... :-)

Looks good though.

Can you include a pic of the front showing the LED's if the front doesn't have a visually blocking filter installed?

It looks similar to this torch, which has two buttons and 10 'white' LED's, and 4 'UV' LED's, and 4 red LED's.

The barrel detail is a little different, enough to say it is not the same torch, but similar.

However, your torch may have a different configuration of LED's.

I don't see the peak NM of the UV LED's listed.

http://www.parentsof...ger-p-7557.html

dabateman,

OK :smile:

Cadmium,

I don't know the technical features. I'm just testing it. I only know that it is 365 nm and with a filter to block visible light. the type of batteries is the same as the Сonvoy - 4 pieces

This is not a brand torch - this is the test sample, single, the first trial copy in the purchased housing of the visible light torch

now its viability and efficiency is checked :grin:

Steve :smile:

only one button is working now. what will happen to it afterwards i dont know) how non-working button worked before I don't know, too)) I have total ignorance here :grin:

if any information from Denis come, I will write everything here

Sounds like a modified torch.

Here is what people will want to know:

LED Brand.

LED Peak UV (you said already it is 365nm), people will test this.

Filter glass brand, type, and thickness.

If you can remove the filter, and take a photo of the LED's shown in visible light, and also shown with the LED's turned on, that would be great.

On the DIY projects. I have thought to take the LED board off of a $20 365nm E26/E27 A19 light bulb and connect that to a flashlight housing. But haven't gotten to it yet. Would just need to measure the current and voltage to see what batteries could work. That would produce a similar wide light field as what your friend has done. But I don't know about the intensity. Your quoted exposure settings seem much better than what I would expect from my DIY flashlight. So he must be using stronger LEDs.

Denis gave the details :smile:

"it was light for underwater photography. the link found by Cadmium in post #11 is correct. The carrier LEDs panel and the LEDs were replaced. The second button does not work, because it was for the small "internal" LEDs, in this case red and blue (on the native panel). The heat sink is bad, initial, was not changed, heat flows through the end of the panel on the housing, so long working is not recommended. The LEDs are the similar Nichia, but korean, a power of 80 percent from Nichia precisely. there is no focusing, no lenses, no reflectors. Filter glass - zwb2 2mm thickness"