UltravioletPhotography

Australian Native Flower photographs

It is published by the Australian Plants Society "to promote knowledge of Australian plants". The Society for Growing Australian Plants, (SGAP) as it was then known, was only founded in March 1957. Many of the pioneers of introducing native plants into gardens were members of the Field Naturalists Club of Victoria (established 1880).

Dave

Interesting,

Not to insult the flower images. But I was more excited to see that grass hopper on the flower. It has two dark strips in UV on the back end, not really visible in the regular spectrum and the eye was very UV dark.

Congrqatulations, Dave, on this publication! It is always great to see one of our UVP members in print. And in colour! Lovely photos. And I liked the grasshopper too.

Thank you for making a copy available to everyone here. And thank you for such a nice reference to UltravioletPhotography.com. We are heppy you have enjoyed being a member. You have contributed so much to our botanical documentation effort. It is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all your kind comments.

I am embarrassed to say that there seem to be a few images there that I have never formally posted here. The snowball rolls on and I get left behind at times.

Dave

Happens to me too! I have so many stored UV-signatures that have not made it online. Not all of them are quite worthy of posting here as I did have a lot of failed experiments. But many are. Sometimes I think about possibly hiring someone to process all this stuff. But who would want that job? :lol: