•  

Australian Native Flower photographs

8 replies to this topic

#1 DaveO

Aussie Bunyip

• Members(+)
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 00:13

I have just made another small contribution to spreading the word about UV photography in the Antipodes

Attached File  Aust Plants 2019 03 Autumn 5.pdf   333.94K   36 downloads

Dave

#2 Andy Perrin

• Members(+)
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 00:21

Very nice! What kind of magazine is this?

#3 DaveO

Aussie Bunyip

• Members(+)
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 00:41

It is published by the Australian Plants Society "to promote knowledge of Australian plants". The Society for Growing Australian Plants, (SGAP) as it was then known, was only founded in March 1957. Many of the pioneers of introducing native plants into gardens were members of the Field Naturalists Club of Victoria (established 1880).

Dave

#4 dabateman

Da Bateman

• Members(+)
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:40

Interesting,
Not to insult the flower images. But I was more excited to see that grass hopper on the flower. It has two dark strips in UV on the back end, not really visible in the regular spectrum and the eye was very UV dark.

#5 Andrea B.

Desert Dancer

• Owner-Administrator
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 15:03

Congrqatulations, Dave, on this publication! It is always great to see one of our UVP members in print. And in colour! Lovely photos. And I liked the grasshopper too.

Thank you for making a copy available to everyone here. And thank you for such a nice reference to UltravioletPhotography.com. We are heppy you have enjoyed being a member. You have contributed so much to our botanical documentation effort. It is greatly appreciated.
Andrea G. Blum
Often found hanging out with flowers & bees.

#6 JMC

• Members(+)
  • 798 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 15:33

Nice one Dave.

#7 nfoto

Former Fierce Bear of the North

• Owner-Administrator
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 20:24

I can only agree with all the other positive comments. A very nice presentation indeed.

#8 DaveO

Aussie Bunyip

• Members(+)
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:30

Thank you for all your kind comments.

I am embarrassed to say that there seem to be a few images there that I have never formally posted here. The snowball rolls on and I get left behind at times.

Dave

#9 Andrea B.

Desert Dancer

• Owner-Administrator
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 19:04

Happens to me too! I have so many stored UV-signatures that have not made it online. Not all of them are quite worthy of posting here as I did have a lot of failed experiments. But many are. Sometimes I think about possibly hiring someone to process all this stuff. But who would want that job? :lol:
Andrea G. Blum
Often found hanging out with flowers & bees.