UltravioletPhotography

Who sells APSC UV only Internal camera filters?

Mark Jones

I looked at maxmax and lifepixel who do not sell above.

Anyone know of a company that sells internal aps sized sensors for uv only work?

I looked at the badder venus website and it says they do not make custom sizes because the coating would chip off the edges.

Andy Perrin
I know Lifepixel, at least, definitely has sold them in the past. Before giving up, I would send an email to whoever your favorite conversion shop is (I personally would not recommend Lifepixel, based on their behavior recently). Keep in mind that UV is a VERY niche hobby. Probably a large percentage of the UV photographers in the world are right here in this forum. So not everything is going to be advertised up front by the conversion shops, if they don't do much business related to it. But aside from that, I would just avoid the internal UV-only option because it limits your flexibility a great deal.
enricosavazzi
I also strongly recommend against a UV-only conversion, because it reduces the versatility of the converted camera by some 90%. Even if you are only interested in UV imaging, there are several alternative UV-pass filters that give different results and can be preferable for specific subjects and purposes. Better keep you options open, so that you can use the converted camera also for different types of UV, VIS and IR imaging as your needs grow.