UltravioletPhotography

Selfie time! :)

Timber

I was hesitating since a long time about buying the 34.5mm-52mm step up ring as the price is really not justified and this item is just way too overpriced, but since he's the only on the market making these rings I left with no choice than biting the bullet (or as we say in Hungarian: swallowing the frog)

So today at work I had a few minutes to try the EL-Nikkor 80mm f5.6 I had for a long time (I actually have two, but only one M39 ring) so I've snapped a few selfies. Well it was not easy as the weather was overcast and on top of that I was sitting in my security cabin, with one window front of me (behind the camera) and the door just next to me, so not much UV light. I used my phone to check when I am in focus (was a lot of guess work) and to control the camera.

I had to raise the iSO to 3200 and had to use 1 second shutter speed with aperture wide open (f5.6)

Camera: A7II FS

Lens: EL-Nikkor 80mm

Filter: U360(2) + S8612(1.5)

dsc00341_web.jpg

Since I am using 1 second shutter speed I thought to spice up the picture by moving my eyes left-right... became a bit more creepy (than I am normally)

dsc00358_web.jpg

Nice to see the El 80 used for portraiture.

You know I have not yet ever had a UV portrait made of myself. There is a sunscreen snapshot of me somewhere. But I'm afraid to see how I look in UV. :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: I know, I know, I'm being silly about it.

Nice to see the El 80 used for portraiture.

You know I have not yet ever had a UV portrait made of myself. There is a sunscreen snapshot of me somewhere. But I'm afraid to see how I look in UV. :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: I know, I know, I'm being silly about it.

As you can see on my photos, those who are good looking in visible light are also good looking in UV :D so you have nothing to worry about ;)

Some years ago, when I still was the "Fierce Bear of the North" ....

Nikon D3200 (internal Baader U), 21mm f/4.5 Tamron.

U1507202473.jpg

The beard, then the Bear, quickly evaporated soon thereafter.

As you can see on my photos, those who are good looking in visible light are also

good looking in UV :D so you have nothing to worry about ;)

:D :D :D :D :D thank you.

The 1st self-portrait is really quite good. I wouldn't call it a "selfie" though. I would call it a "fiercie".

There are female bears, you know, more deadly than the male! See Kipling.

Indeed! B) B) B) B) B)