UltravioletPhotography

Bonjour de montreal

autorhino

Hi i am a commercial photographer base in montreal Canada

I do photo mostly for work ... very little personal shoot ..

You can see my stuff at desjean.ca

i am planning a uv portrait photo session and i am in the learning process ...

Really surprise how complexe uv photo is !

Alain

Hi Alain,

Welcome to the forum.

UV Portrait is exciting, but not the easiest :) Since the most important is the safety of your models, as UV light is damaging to both skin and eyes. If you are doing outside shots then it might be a little easier as the Sun provides plenty UV for that purpose.

So what equipment are you having? Or are you planning to get? Camera / Lens / Filters? :)

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks for the recommandation for safety ... i will definitely got through the safety section of the forum before using uv light on model

Yes ...my best bet right now ( since i never experimented with uv) would be renting gear ...

Getting a good UV filter and testing with my speedotron and profoto flahs system seems be the easiest way ...

I have found some mercury vapor uv light in montreal and i will look in to those ...

What ever equipement i can rent to test i will uses ... looking for the best possible result ...

So i am looking for everything ... lens camera and filter ..

Alain

Hello Alain - and welcome to UVP. I hope you are able to find the information you need about the various aspects of UV photography. Our Sticky topics hold the basic information. Here are the links:

UV and Your Eyes :: UV Safety Reference

Xenon Strobe and Flash Safety Hints

Sticky :: UV Photography: Cams, Mods, Lights, Links

How to make a UV photograph

Sticky :: UV-Capable Lenses

Sticky :: UV/Vis/IR Filters

How to use filters for UV photography

Sticky :: UV Induced Visible Fluorescence

You might also enjoy looking at the photos of people in our portraits section: UV Portrait.