UltravioletPhotography

Fluorescent pigments

Some time ago I tried something similar in search of a white balance for UVIVF imaging. Ideally, I thought, such a thing would fluoresce white - which I was not able to find (closest match was blueish-white). As I contemplated what I was looking for, I considered that this thing, whatever it was to be, would need to emit white, since reflection is obviously not an option. So, why not simply use a white glow stick? I tried it, and got remarkably good results (even though the glow was tinted with blue and pink hues, the light it emitted did appear rather white). What's more, I found the plastic from which the glow stick is made fluoresces a neutral color which is even better to take white balance from.

I don't use this option though, because I am much too wary of generating plastic waste. So, after the one-time test I retired the option in favor of other equally effective, and environmentally responsible, methods.

enricosavazzi
I have seen on eBay a few examples of remote phosphor panels for LED illumination, which are meant to fluoresce white when stimulated by blue or UV LEDs or lasers. Most of these panels seem to produce "warm white", but neutral or cool white with reasonably high CRI should also be available.
Do you mean use an unpowered fluorescent bulb, where you are using the phosphors in the bulb energized by your external UV source, as the white balance reference?