UltravioletPhotography

Chemical removal of Bayer filters from sensor

enricosavazzi

No paywall. Works here with safari and firefox

Title and authors:

"Low-cost 3D printed 1 nm resolution smartphonesensor-based spectrometer: instrument designand application in ultraviolet spectroscopy", THOMASC. WILKES,,ANDREW J. S. MCGONIGLE, JON R. WILLMOTT, TOM D. PERING AND JOSEPH M. COOK; in Optic Letters, Vol 42, No 21, November 1 2017

Ahh, now I get problems as well. Probably some kind of cookies, Iinked direct to the pdf.

David's link works. From there you can downlaod the pdf.

They are boiling the sensor in EKC830, at 70 to 100C. The MSDS, says the flashpoint is 100C and is an inhalation risk. So if you do plan to do this and you don't have a chemical safety hood, you should do this only outside and have a fire extinguisher nearby.

The rinses are also fun with concentrated Acetone and isopropyl alcohol. Best to do that outside as well.

I think the sticky tape method still may be best.

Basically, heat up your sensor with a hot gun, like a paint stripping gun. Then use 3m tartan clear tape to pull off the CFA. This wirks well on Canon cameras, but has worked for others. I found this on Cloudy Nights.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/486810-thinking-about-removing-the-cfa-from-my-20d-thoughts/