UltravioletPhotography

Potentially usable clip-in filters

enricosavazzi

enricosavazzi

https://stcoptics.com/en/clip_filter/

These filters that clip within the camera body (a short distance from the sensor) are potentially useful for our converted cameras, especially if it turns out that we can replace the glass filters with our own (which remains to be seen). It must of course be easier to insert or remove this type of filter carrier in a mirrorless camera than in a DSLR.

Prices are quite high, and the filter carrier does not seem to be available for purchase without a filter.

I know nothing more than what is available at the above link.

I saw this earlier. The cheapest ones seem to be $90. A bit pricey, but would be amazing to get one fit with a Baader venus U filter. The company does sell narrow astro filters. So hopefully could offer something similar.

What really interesting is most Olympus cameras are supported. I am not sure the maximum filter thickness that would be supported, so a 4mm stack might be too much.

From the videos the insert and removal process is the same a Sigma cameras. So not hard and quick.

Unless I am missing something, they state that they make clip filters for Olympus M43, but they are not available for purchase in their e-Store. Perhaps they are so new that they don't show up yet.

Steve

enricosavazzi

Unless I am missing something, they state that they make clip filters for Olympus M43, but they are not available for purchase in their e-Store. Perhaps they are so new that they don't show up yet.

Steve

I also failed to find filters for Olympus in their shop, which I might be interested in.

I do not understand how clips are secured. There is nothing to hook if something does not exert a slight pressure on the shutter assembly and possibility to jam it.

Ah, got it!

It not compatible with e-pm1, e-pm2 and e-m5 which I have looked recently.

But it is compatible with e-m1, e-m10, pen-f which all have another shape of inside plastic. I verified this minutes ago.

• 2 months later...

looks neat, expecially the light blue visual only one. that way you can easily convert the camera back to Normal.

has anyone tried that one yet?