UltravioletPhotography

Hi

GlennE

My name is Glenn, I'm primarily interested in the topic of UV induced flourescence, especially in a bodypainting style. I haven't done any to speak of, and my main motivation for coming here is to bounce a very specific idea and see if it has any chance of working. I'm unlikely to have any answers to offer to anyone else.

Hi and welcome mate

For information on UV you have definitely come to the right place, place is crawling with professors of invisible light :)

Where are you from and what gear are you shooting with Glenn?

I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, shooting with Canon 5dmkiv and one of several lenses, as well as several kinds of strobes and speedlights. . I'm not dedicated enough to try the full-on convert to UV photography.
right, so my goal is to see if it's possible to use specific strobe - I have one Paul C. Buff Einstein, which I learned reading here (and looking once I read it) has a removable UV filter. I should post the question and my diagram in one of the technical forums, but it seems possible that a goofy Rube Goldberg like device might allow me to separate out the visible and UV components without spending an arm and a leg for the size of UV bandpass filter a strobe would require.