UltravioletPhotography

Moldy gourd UVIVF

Andy Perrin

A gourd with some mold.

post-94-0-45269400-1546973320.jpg

F/14, ISO50, 2"

Hoya UVIR cut filter (which lets some UV through, unfortunately)

and UG11 2mm over the Convoy S2+.

I did adjust saturation and white balance for best appearance.

post-94-0-69481400-1546973331.jpg

It's not that far off — I rather pumped up the yellows and reds. The blue is actually that saturated (it was already close to 100%).
Heh, well if I had a standard that matched anyone else's standard, that would be a consideration. I mean, I guess I could just pick something to always WB off of, but the only reason to do that is if I want to compare fluorescence photos, whereas this was meant more as art photography.
Technically not one RAW, it’s two pics combined from light painting each side. Background is the Acktar metal velvet (still in its plastic since the plastic didn’t seem to fluorescence much and I didn’t want to dirty it). I also median filtered the background to get rid of the dust.

That is quite a lovely mold mosaic.

We all must be the only folks at the grocery store looking for the NON-fresh fruits and veggies!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Question: Did the metal velvet photograph that dark? Or did you need to darken it a bit in the converter?

Question: Did the metal velvet photograph that dark? Or did you need to darken it a bit in the converter?

Bit of both. It really is pretty darn dark, but I median filtered the background and played with levels also.

Here is a bit of the background with a brightness adjustment in PS to allow it to be seen. This is without the median filter or levels.

Please note that I left the plastic bag on the metal velvet since I did not want to get it dirty and for this application I wasn't worried about reflections. The metal velvet without the bag is even darker. That slight blue cast to the background is probably bag fluorescence.

post-94-0-94891700-1547069723.jpg