UltravioletPhotography

Probable repost

OK, here WAS what I was looking for originally... took a while...

I actually use the bottom part of this a lot more than the top part, but together they work good for really close up adjustment.

Bottom part works good for astro stuff. Frankly, you don't need either of them... ball head does it all basically. :)

That, and moving the tripod around, back and forth, side to side now and then... ;)

post-87-0-34999000-1546163306.jpg

I actually use the bottom part of this a lot more than the top part, but together they work good for really close up adjustment.

Bottom part works good for astro stuff. Frankly, you don't need either of them... ball head does it all basically. :)

That, and moving the tripod around, back and forth, side to side now and then... ;)

You don't use the camera at all? Just swing it around in all orientations.

What is under your rail? I don't think I have seen one of those.

You have a camera, which I jokingly said you don't use as its on top.

Then a x and y axis rail.

Then a thing I haven't seen before.

Then a tripod.

Oh good it's working!

Happy New Year everyone...

Terry, you and I still have to wait a little longer, but all of the East coast and Euro cats on here are already in a different dimension...

Oh yes, Happy New Year!

What am I waiting for? Its 7pm in Auckland on the 1st :)

There's one or two smaller islands ahead of us but generally speaking, NZ is the first country to see in the New Year.

That gif is really cool.

I am also glad to see the dust in your Uvivf image. Makes me feel better that my house isn't the only dust bowl. I litterly put a flower down and there is dust on it.

Terry, Yeah, I had the date line messed up in my mind, of course you were first. :-)

Da, I added the dust, you can get it in small bags from Adorama.

oh la you guys make me laugh!! Sometimes a few of those fluorescent bits are pollen. But usually just the danged dust.

Someone mentioned once that if you run the shower for 30 seconds or so it is useful for settling dust in the bathroom. Soooooo, assuming you have a bathroom large enough (and dark enough) in which to set up a fluorescent photo shoot, you might try that shower trick for reducing dust on flowers (or on whatever). :D :D :D

You can also brush dust off flowers with a "charged" soft artist's brush. I have a sensor dust brush which long ago got too messed up for sensors, so I now use that to dust off subjects.

Totally cool GIF, Cadmium!

I want to make a GIF which is clickable - if there is such a thing. Like, click to the next frame instead of an automated run through the frames. If anyone knows how this could be done, let me know.

I once wrote code for my old website (no longer up and running) which enabled a click-through stack. But that required an entire HTML page. So the clickable stack could not be uploaded to a website.

Its not possible with a GIF Andrea but you could embed something I suppose.

I don't allow HTML on my forum because of the security risks it brings but as admin you could allow yourself those privileges.

Haven't really given it much thought but I was thinking along a similar line as it would be nice to look at the pic for longer than 300ms haha

Be nice if you could add an inline click through photo album within a post.

Here is how I made the animated gif. I have a program that does it, but it doesn't do the cross-fade,

so I used this website instead, and I like the added cross fade.

You may have to adjust some settings to get one that is small enough to upload here, given file size limits here,

thus the reason my animated gif above looks a little low res, and grainy, an iffy giffy.

https://ezgif.com/he...e-gif-slideshow

@Andy and Cadmium,

Let me know the next time you need to place a dust order. I will gladly sell you mine. I must have a truck load in my basement. The dryer doesn't help either, with all the lint.

On facebook, (oh oh, I said a dirty word...) you can't upload animated gifs, but they let you link to them, and if you link to them, then they become clickable on fb,

in other words, they will show up and work the same (without clicking) on fb, you don't even know they are a link,

but you can click them at any point, which pauses/plays them. kinda nice, but that is some feature fb is adding onto the linked gif.