UltravioletPhotography

Alaun

Alaun

Hi, as some others here, I got my UV-infection from Bjørn's naturphotograph site, starting with long wave lengths first and then since about 2011 also moving to the short side of the spectrum.

With respect to photography, I am an amateur, though I have a certain professional interest in macroscopy and microscopy as well. So curiosity driven I like to look into our world with a different eye and being surprised by nature exploring things, which are not so obvious as they seem to be or -with respect to flowers- show a beauty not exposed in visible light. And off course I like to experiment, how to get these UV-things done.

The avatar shows one of my very first UV pictures taken with a modified D70s, Baader U and an Nikkor El 40 or a Noflexar 35 (I did not record the lens at that time nor I did a WB), lighting was from a non modified 400Ws flash.. It shows the only flower I cultivate, a now about 25 year old Amaryllis.

post-21-0-71520900-1369343724.jpg

post-21-0-87990300-1369343768.jpg

Werner

Most welcome here, Werner. Hope to see more contributions in the not-to-distant future.

I can tell you my first digital UV captures were less good than what you show here !!