UltravioletPhotography

Solar spectrum lens test - Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm f1.8

All of your stacks are leaking red/IR, from the looks of your tests.

Now, if you are 'pushing' the exposure too much, then you will see transmission of quite strong OD,

but if you are using a 'normal' exposure, one that exposes a UV scene shot normally using AP, for example, then the red/IR should not show up at all in any of the stack tests.

Otherwise, the stacks are leaking, and they need stronger (thicker) red/IR suppression glass (or a combination of thicker U and thicker BG/suppression glass).

Andy Perrin
I think this is meant to test the lens not the stack? So he doesn’t care if there is some IR as long as he can see the solar lines in the UV side.
As far as the lens transmission... it is hard to say how deeply the lens is transmitting into UV using this method, it seems to me.

Andy, you are right. Two very close dark lines are H and K Fraunhofer lines, wavelength is 393.366nm and 396.847nm.

Next to left is L line, wavelength is 382.044nm.

Can you mark those for me? Not sure which two lines and next line you mean... looks like a few of each to me.

Might be good to have reference makings at the bottom.

Andy Perrin
Yeah, it would be nice if you'd label the lines for us, Dmitry? (I agree the stacks leak, wouldn't want to use them for photography. I think they are okay for this purpose, however.)

It would be nice to know two things, UV depth nm limit, and IR upper nm limit.

And, it would be kinda cool to have a few other nm points of reference also.

I really like how it looks and however you are doing it.

Yes, we need to focus (no pun intended!) on the UV-capability of the lens which the ZWB filters can show us. Although we do all care about how these filters would perform for ordinary photograpy.

I'm going to help Dmitry organize his results. We will make sure that the leakage is commented about in proper context. :D