UltravioletPhotography

Another wildlife photography friend

bobfriedman

Bob, Nice UV shots. They look sharp! You should submit these to L.L.Bean for inclusion in their Spring UV Camouflage Catalogue.

That is you on the bottom, I am betting.

bobfriedman

not the best UV day... if it wasn't cloudy the ISO would have been down around 400..

1/60s f/11 iso1600

Love these.

You all might need some of Reed's UV camouflage stuff given that the birds are likely to notice these jackets?? :D Just kidding, of course. UV is only one "channel" of bird vision for those birds who have it. Could look entirely different to them. You'll have to try a UV+B+G filter sometime.

How many 'visions' are there now?

We have "bee vision", "bird vision", "butterfly vision", "insect vision", "dog vision", "reindeer vision"...

There should be a wall chart comparing them.

bobfriedman
turns out that this camo doesn't really need color.. it is designed as "optifade" which blends as breakup... in this case vertical tree lines in the top pattern and horizontal lines in the bottom pattern. so can be quite independent of color and blends quite nicely.. e.g. 1st pic: tree stand or trees/forest (vertical) 2nd pic: rocky shore or mountain side terrain (horizantal)
bobfriedman
by the way.. in the second image the hat is vertical and the jacket is horizantal and the opposite in the first image.. oops.. just not enough camo..
bobfriedman
additionally. .this stuff is designed for the active outdoor woods/swamp/terrain pursuits and as such wears quite well.. is quiet and keeps you warm.. hard to find in other types of gear.

Is there anyone else around here with a monochrome UV camera? I thought there was a couple people, but so far have seen no such comments.

I thought Alex and Jonathan had one, at least... not sure.