Zeiss Hasselblad 105mm f4.3 UV Sonnar

JMC

Zeiss Hasselblad 105mm f4.3 UV Sonnar

Blades: 5

Elements: 7 elements, 7 groups, quartz, calcium fluoride

FFD: 74.9mm

Filter: Hasselblad Bayonet B50

Mount: Hasselblad V System

Apparently, according to the interior makers number, the lens is 1 month younger than I am smile.png

Note: The serial number of this lens has had the last 2 digits deleted

post-148-0-25577900-1517146259.jpg

post-148-0-31465800-1517146281.jpg

Just curious - did you delete the last two digits from the lens' serial number, physically or digitally in the image? Or do you mean that someone (unknown) has physically deleted the digits for some reason? I think I've heard of this in other instances, and I don't understand why someone would do this. Is it somehow privacy related?

Holy cow! Where did you find a UV-Sonnar? I've never managed to find one yet at a reasonable price.

((((I think I have enough uv lenses already though. If I had all of them then I would be done. And I'm not ready to be done yet. :lol: :lol: :lol: )))))

• 1 year later...
Ultrapurplepix
As of early June 2019 I see there's one of these lenses on eBay for a mere US$40,000 or so. It makes the UV-Nikkor look like an absolute bargain...

As of early June 2019 I see there's one of these lenses on eBay for a mere US$40,000 or so. It makes the UV-Nikkor look like an absolute bargain...

There have been a couple of eBay for a while with enormous price tags. The fact they haven't sold says something about how realistic those prices are.....

Ultrapurplepix

Another one has suddenly popped up - the 'C' version - for a mere US$21,500. Makes me glad I didn't waste my money on the first one!

The listing claims there are only 73 known examples of this lens, though it isn't clear whether it means the C version or the UV-Sonnar in general.

There were a lot more than 73 UV Sonnars made. When I approached Zeiss about mine, they mentioned there were about 400 that they knew of. As for the 73 being in regards to the C version, that I don't know, I never got that specific with them.
  • 2 years later...

I've never managed to find one yet at a reasonable price.

What would be a reasonable price? I remember having seen one of these with a price tag of around 15000 € in a shop a few years ago, not sure, if the C-version or some other, though. One could buy 2 UV-Nikkors for this :grin:

I would say under $10000(US). The UV-Sonnar is not as sharp as the UV-Rayfact/UV-Nikkor -- or so I'm told. I passed on it a few years ago when it was offered to me.