UltravioletPhotography

Some IR landscape shots from recent road trip

Having enjoyed IR film photography I did recently pick up an IR modified Eos350D body I saw for sale in a local camera shop. They didn't know much about it but from the paper work it came with it looks to be a 720nm conversion, done by someone called Florin Mihai, who sells on eBay under the name "artpromotion". These were some of shots from a recent trip away. Not too many details unfortunately, as I didn't write it down at the time, but they were using the 350D, and a 17-40mm lens.

This was taken at Clumber Park, a National Trust site in Nottinghamshire.

post-148-0-95983100-1500805651.jpg

These two were at Rievaulx abbey in Yorkshire.

post-148-0-78170700-1500805661.jpg

post-148-0-82556100-1500805668.jpg

This final one was also at Rievaulx, but is of the Ionic temple which sites on a terrace above the abbey.

post-148-0-22994500-1500805676.jpg

To be honest I haven't played around with trying to optimise my digital IR work, but I still find the IR effect appealing.

Andy Perrin
Did you convert these to grayscale? Normally 720nm should be quite colorful. I like your subject! The images are very nice.
Hi Andy, Thanks, and yes I did convert them to greyscale. The raw images had a very 'pink' hue to them, and I was looking for the Kodak High Speed IR film type of look. Digital IR is new for me, so I've yet to play around with digital colour IR.
Andy Perrin
Yes, people often white balance them, and also switch red and blue channels for IR. (Other looks are obviously possible but that's the most common thing.)

These sites in England are quite nice when seen in IR.

Perhaps dial back your highlights a bit so that details remain in the grass and clouds?