UltravioletPhotography

No alerts via email for new replies?

ylluminate

ylluminate

I'm having an odd issue with my account. I have it set to alert me to replies via email in:

http://www.ultravioletphotography.com/content/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

But I'm not seeing anything in spam or my inbox, etc. I did receive my first account confirmation messages just fine, so this only started happening after I began posting. I am also set to follow the topic so that's not a problem...

Anyone else having problems getting emails from the forum?

We have had our share of e-mail issues that's for sure, but i thought the problems had finally been sorted. Apparently not.

When Andrea returns from Italy. I'm sure she'll look into it. Meanwhile, my only suggestion is to log out, clean all stored local data relating to UVP (cookies etc.), and log in again. Sometimes this helps.

Andrea B.

An initial look at local Error Logs does not show any email errors.

However, I must also investigate on the server Site 5 and will do that when I am able.

Andrea B.
I have put a trace on your email, yilluminate. So perhaps we will learn something soon. :D
ylluminate

Well this is fantastic: I'm getting alerts on this thread so perhaps the problem is sorted somehow? Curious now if I'll get replies on other threads...

@Andrea when you have a chance, could you please send a test message to my thread here?

ylluminate

Well this is indeed strange. I see that you posted on that thread (thank you), yet I did not receive an email notification like I did for this thread. I've unfollowed and followed again with this setting:

follow.jpg

At least we know that the problem was / is bound to that thread vs other (new) ones. Very peculiar since I'm always cautious to make sure I'm subscribed to threads with instant notifications as I like to stay on top of things. Hmm.