UltravioletPhotography

Millirehm

millirehm

Hi, the administrators and some of the members know me already from nikongear.com. In the broad variety of my photographic interest, the capturing of invisible light and here in the UV part of the spectrum has always had a very special place. The attention for this exotic came into my mind, when getting an old german book in my hands (don't have the reference at hand currently), and then really got "initialized" when I noticed Bjørn Rørsletts naturfotograf website. I missed the UV_film era and it took me some time until I had the opportunity to get my hand on the first parts of my UV-equipment. Development was slowed down by some issues with my modified D200, resolved by actually having it remodified by adding a broad spectrum sensor-filter rather than just having the original one removed (as I bought it). I am still at the beginning and of limited time budget but nevertheless interested and willing to evolve step by step.

Wolfgang: you're warmly welcome here. Ask, learn. contribute in any order.

We may consider opening a board for the practicalities of UV shooting in which we can share the steps taken and tricks to steer away from the pitfalls. Every one has been a beginner some time, a fact to keep in mind.

However, the aim of this site is not primarily gear but the results one gets using that equipment. So we have to find a sensible balance here.

Hi, Wolfgang, it is always nice to see both new and familiar faces here. Am looking forward to seeing your results and constructive discussions with you here!

Thanks Bjørn for the warm welcome. Thanks also Akira for your positive feedback.

Currently I have only my old pictures and it will take some time until I will be able to go out for UV purposes again.

Don't worry I am not too gear oriented, my basic setting is already existing, still need to work on whitebalancing and colorcalibrating or defining it the way it fits my visions.

There is some Supertele-UV project I have got in my mind, I might come up with some technical questions later. But I see and accept this site as primarily result-oriented

Cheers

Welcome, Wolfgang. It's great to have you as a member here!! We will be looking forward to your contributions.