UltravioletPhotography

Moi

Hornblende

Hehe, I just received my Canon 6D converted to full spectrum!!!

As promised, here I am.

post-136-0-97658500-1487808241.jpg

Canon 6D full spectrum - EL-Nikkor 80mm f/5.6 - Baader-U filter - overcast sunlight.

Exif : f/11, 1s, 1600 ISO, custom white balance on the snow.

Funny things: my hood and scarf appear yellow and my prescription glasses are good UV filters :D

Thanks all!

Donpilou: I use a 17-31mm focusing helicoid. The distance between the front and the sensor of the Canon 6D is 44mm, 17+44=61 which is less than the 70mm focal flange distance of the EL-Nikkor 80mm.

Just out of curiosity, what color(s) are your hat and scarf (in VIS, I mean of course)? I ask because I often wonder, with my own UV images, about how much of a UV photo is actually the UV component, and how much is just purple/violet bleed around 400 nM. I know the "line" between VIS and UV is not strictly clear cut, but for my own purposes I'd like to confident that I haven't 'contaminated' my UV images with VIS components - just in case there are competing interactions in any given subject between the two wavebands. Thus, my question on what colors your hat/scarf are, because I also sometimes see colors in my UV images - depending on equipment/setup/lighting. I wonder how these colors are being generated - i.e., are they true colors bled through the filter? Perhaps false colors through the Bayer filter? Maybe arbitrary color shifts in quantizing the RAW data from the image sensor? Other? The end goal for me is to understand where the color(s) are coming from, so I can in turn assure my UV images are truly UV.

This sunday has been a nice sunny day, I took the occasion to make a better portrait in full sunlight.

post-136-0-67716300-1488144815.jpg

Canon 6D full spectrum - El-Nikkor 80mm f/5.6 - Baader-U

0.4" - f/11 - ISO 400

I must say I am a little frightened by my skin. I am only 23 years old and I already have a large amount of freckles. I have lived near the equator most of my life and I never put sunscreen in my daily life, unless going to the beach or other extended activities outdoor. This picture makes me realize I need to be more careful :)

Love these self portraits!

And, as noted by others, it is interesting to see the yellow false colour on something besides a flower. We are always looking for test materials which provide certain colours.

Sunscreen is always good. And as important for men as it is for us ladies. Only takes a moment to apply in the morning. For daily use you might want to shop around for something less "heavy" than the typical beach sunscreens?

That Canon 6D is looking good for a UV/IR cam. This is good to know because we typically see fewer converted Canons here.