UltravioletPhotography

Akira

Akira

Hi, I started to shoot in UV inspired by the administrator's original website naturfotograf.com. To tell the truth, the sole reason for the decision to purchase Nikon D2H as my first DSLR ever was because I had been so intrigued in UV/IR images and had learned that D2H would do reasonably well in UV and IR without modification.

At the begining, I still had a couple of film cameras, so I experimented with UV on films, too. I still love the images offered by the long discontinued Fuji RPT II and Natura and miss them. So, I chose the crucifer in UV I shot on RTP II as my avatar.

My title "Homo jezoensis" comes from the Latin scientific name "Picea jezoensis": the common conifer in Hokkaido, the northern island of the Japanese archipelago where I was born.

Hope this website will turn out to be a popular and friendly place for the rare species called UV shooters.

Welcome to this corner of cyberspace, Akira. I am pretty certain all of us will contribute to make this site *the* reference for all things UV photography.
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome, Akira. (I think I welcomed you on the other page, but here we are 'official'. :D )

I do hope you return to some UV shooting. It is so very fascinating, yes?