Blades: 10

Elements: 4/4

FFD: 45.46mm

Filter: 49mm

Mount: M42x1

post-4-0-75995000-1473623877.jpg

post-4-0-14015200-1473623870.jpg

post-4-0-43984600-1473623885.jpg

Hi Birna, I am working on adapter for this lens. Is the UV transmittance good?

The UV transmittance is not very good, but still usable, indicated to 345nm here:

https://www.fotozone.../&hl=comprising

You might have to register to see this list.

Observe that the noted cutoff wavelengths are for -3 stops!

In reality the usable UV-ranges normally are some 15-20nm closer to the visual range, beginning at 400nm

Ulf, I could not access that link. Seems to be restricted to Fotozone members?

Kevin --

Here is a test photo of my 5 Spectralon standards along with some flowers having typical UV-signatures. You can see that the Meyer-Optik Görlitz 35/4.5 is UV-capable. The flowers were in a rather sorry state from the heat, but that does not affect the capture of their UV-absorption and UV-reflectivity.

http://www.ultraviol...primagon-for-uv

I was using a BaaderU UV-pass filter which peaks around 350 nm. So this particular copy of the Meyer-Optik seems to be good enough. I wouldn't call it "not very good".

Do note, however, that there are sometimes slightly different versions of these old lenses. If the one you have looks like the photos above, then you can expect results as shown.

I have an old membership there.

I originally found the link in the lens sticky for KDS.

It is to the page where Klaus is comparing many old lenses's showing the -3Stop point he found with a horizontal bar-graph.

I have downloaded the image, but do not know if it is OK to share due to copyright rules.

Ulf, I know the one you mean, and if I'm not mistaken, all the info from that list was included in our lens sticky. So we have the information already even if not the graph.

Ulf, I know the one you mean, and if I'm not mistaken, all the info from that list was included in our lens sticky. So we have the information already even if not the graph.

Except that in the sticky there is not mentioned the very strangely defined decision level of attenuation to 12.5% of max transmission. (-3 stop)

This gives very nice and low transition wavelength values that say little about how useful a lens is for common UV-photography as it do not take into account the slope of the transmission decay.

A much better way to describe lenses would be to define the -1 stop point and transmission at 365nm.