UltravioletPhotography

People with Praktica-S-Travelon at F/2.0

Alex H

Well, Alex, you've given me certain food-for-thought[*] with this triumvirate of UV people photos.

In looking at these UV photos, I think I have realized that I have been far too reluctant to push the ISO when out shooting UV landscapes or streetscapes or peoplescapes. So, Andrea, loosen up and see what you get with f/2 and ISO-1600 !!

*[And not the first time for that! :) ]

That aside, it is quite interesting to see a group of people in UV. Looks like each one is slightly different in their UV skin "response". Fascinating.

Shall I add the Praktica-S-Travelon to the Lens Sticky? I'll check and see if we have it.

Lens Data: A. Schact Ulm 50/1.8 found as either Edixa-S-Travelon-A in Exakta mount or Praktica S-Travelon R in M42 mount

Filter: 46mm

Lenses for Edixa camera also have M42 mount. Exakta mount version does not seem to have a special designation, just S-Travelon 1.8/50 R.

I do not know if this lens is good enough for the Lens Sticky.

Andy Perrin

That aside, it is quite interesting to see a group of people in UV. Looks like each one is slightly different in their UV skin "response". Fascinating.

Makes me wonder what happens in the UV for the Blue Fugates of Kentucky, who have a rare genetic disorder that gave them blue skin — sometimes VERY blue, apparently.

Beaut photos Alex.

Andy, drinking too much water with colloidal silver in it will make your skin turn blue too apparently.

Col

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect some individuals in these pictures are using sunscreen.

The young lady in the 2nd photo is very likely wearing facial makeup with some minimal low SPF which she appears not to apply to her ears or neck.

Probably so! Most all of my face stuff has sunscreen these days. Except, of course, my favorite one which seems to be mysteriously missing it.