UltravioletPhotography

Something about Pahrump, Nevada

[from the Desert Wildflower Safari 2016]

Outside Las Vegas: on the Way to Pahrump, Nevada

You do have to wonder what this barbed wire is keeping in - or out? It's not chickens, although there is a chicken ranch nearby.

nearRedRockCanyon_5100IR_20160216outsideLasVegasNV_1779pn01.jpg

Smoke Signals

As well as poles, wires, contrails and a few wisps of cloud along NV St Hwy #160.

DSC_1182pn.jpg

Tacos El Chero

Very good! Even better in IR.

tacosElChero_5100IR_20160216pahrumpNV_182701.jpg

Homage to the Car Windshield: first seen in Norway, now passing through Pahrump.

We hurried on after stopping for tacos & fuel.

itIsFinishedMinistries_5100IR_20160216pahrumpNV_1808pn.jpg

Andy Perrin
Lovely, Andrea! (I couldn't read the title without thinking, "Something about Pahrump — Pa rump pump pump pump, rump pump pump pump.")

Yes, me too!

I have another photo of the barbed wire where it is in focus, so I think I will try a stack with everything in focus. (First I need to renew my stacking app. Somewhere I have either Zerene or Helicon.)

Bill De Jager
You do have to wonder what this barbed wire is keeping in - or out? It's not chickens, although there is a chicken ranch nearby.

Cattle, which are ubiquitous across the American west. Land such as shown in the photo is very poor range, so each cow or bull may require a hundred hectares or more to get enough edible forage. That means you won't usually see them, but the fence is still needed to keep them off the road.

Love the photos!

Thanks, Bill.

I don't see as many cattle as I used to out west in the deserty areas. That's a good thing, imho. So much habitat was destroyed in those cattle run days and it is still recovering. Let the cattle go live in Texas or Indiana. :D :D :D

Interesting memory refresh from our 2012 trip, Andrea. I had forgot the taco.

Perhaps I ought to post my pictures of the same scenes, if nothing else to demonstrate the often overlooked fact that no two photographers see a scene the same way ....

We didn't see Tacos El Chero in 2012. When Michael & I traveled to Death Valley this spring, we ate there. :)