UltravioletPhotography

jds314159

I am a retired Information Technology manager and live just west of Yellowstone National Park. I am an advanced amateur photographer. I dabble in all types of photography and enjoy making or modifying my own equipment. I have have a super blue converted Canon 60D and have taken a few UV photos with an Andrea U filter. My current project is IR landscapes of the geyser basins pushed to extremes of false color and HDR.
Welcome to UVP. Sounds like you will have something special to show us. Looking forward to seeing your work posted on our site.

Hello and welcome to UVP! We hope you enjoy the site.

We visited Yellowstone NP last September and thoroughly enjoyed it. The geyser basins are amazing. How about a buffalo in IR?? :D

Wellcome jds-pi from Bonn!

Yes, Yellowstone, I had the chance to a visit in spring 1996 (cold, wet, rainy, still snow, but wonderful)

@Andrea: some buffaloes in IR (but living here in Germany in a park)

post-21-0-25435200-1461257234.jpg

OH COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Werner.

I simply have to go back to Yellowstone. There are so many beautiful scenes and interesting geothermal features to photograph.

The Yellowstone Association sponsors the Yellowstone Institute. If you are visiting Yellowstone Park, check the classes offered by the Institute. I have taken several photography classes over the years and they are very good. One of the best was a 4 day intensive Lightroom class conducted at the Buffalo Ranch in the middle of the Park. Shoot at dawn and dusk and Lightroom in between and until about 9:00 pm each night. If you come, send me a note. I am always looking for photographers with whom to shoot.