UltravioletPhotography

Hello Everyone

WizardGriff

Dear All

I am new to this topic, but I find it extremely fascinating.

I have Canon Cameras 760D,500D and a converted full spectrum 500D

My Main aim is to learn from everyone and share what I find out.

I like experimenting with IR filters, 720 and 850 and also the UV filter from BG

I use both 500D's *converted and Normal( with filters to create pictures and I am always amazed by the outcome.

I have attached 2 examples first one with converted camera of the Taj Mahal and the second one from the unconverted using just filters of a Hunters Seat in Germany, where I live.

post-98-0-99244600-1453631882.jpg

post-98-0-51485900-1453631929.jpg

I look forward to learning

:-)

Cheers

griff

Hi Griff & welcome to UVP.

You seem to have mastered IR very well.

You will find that UV is ten times harder :D

But the rewards are greater.

Cheers

Col

Welcome Griff. Looking forward to anything you can contribute, be it UV or IR. Canon cameras are not familiar to many of us so will be of interest to learn what they can deliver outside the visible spectrum.

Also, please don't hesitate to ask questions of any kind. As UVP is a small community, don't expect instantaneous answers though ....

Welcome to UVP, Griff. I hope you enjoy the website!

Very interesting to see the Taj in Infrared.

We are looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Ha noch einer aus "Good old Germany" ;)

Hello and welcome to the community, I´m very fascinated on your IR results. They look like paintings, great! :)

Entschuldigung, ich weiß nicht, das Wort Deutsch und so rief ich es "Hunters Seat"... Ich Lerne Deutsch

Apologies, I did not know the correct name and so I called it "Hunters Seat", I learn German

Artistic license I think it is called....

I am fascinated by how a normal view of something can be transformed by infra red and I am looking to learn ultraviolet.

I have just ordered some kit, such as a light source to get started.

With Infrared, the transformation is mainly colours, but also the appearance of items outside of the normal vision, yes it is all related to the spectrum of light but I like the "Magic" that appears. Buildings with Trees and Water are my favourite but I look at all things.

Many thanks for the welcome

Griff