UltravioletPhotography

OK Now What?

Andrea B.

I'm always getting into these Admin pickles - or megapickles if you will. :P

I finally beat the Lens Sticky into reasonable submission - untangled it using a combination of Unix awk and Excel, this after traipsing through forty-eleven other unhelpful apps. Now the Stick looks gorgeous, all ready for updates.

Except.....

I cannot seem to figure out how to get the Stick pasted back onto a UVP forum page without losing its formatting. What the heck did I do the first time around that worked so well? And why didn't I keep notes about that?

It looks like I may have to resort to putting up screen shots of the darned thing. Or just make it a downloadable PDF even though that is not my preferred outcome here.

It is time for a vacation!! B)

BTW, that is a rhetorical question in the title. :lol:

No, but it would be interesting. Tropical flowers in UV. Beaches. Blue Skies. What's not to like?

I have been been to Hawaii and liked it very much.

HURRAY !!

I figured it out.

Here is a recently edited portion of the Lens Sticky. All neat and tidy and HTML-ed.

ADDED: :D :D :D Well, not quite. See next post. I forgot to turn on the HTML for this board.

Dedicated UV-Lens :: Photography :: Currently Manufactured

NAME Focal Length Speed Info Mount Filter Sz FFD Range

Estimate
Tester
Jenoptik

Optical Systems
Currently manufactured. Color corrected for 310-1100nm. Exceptionally sharp. No UV-Vis-IR focus shift. Transmission 290nm-1500nm. $5750(US).

Hotspots at high magnification in this lens can be easily controlled via extension tubes or by a certain kind of lens shade.

60mm f/4.0 CoastalOpt®

Apo Macro
F 52mm 46.50mm nfoto
Jenoptik

Optical Systems
Currently manufactured. Color corrected for 250nm-650nm. No UV-Vis focus shift. $5350(US).
105mm f/4.0 CoastalOpt®

UV-Micro-Apo
F 52mm 46.50mm kds315
MegaVision Currently manufactured shutter lens for medium format. Designed by Dr. Brian Caldwell. Corrected 325-1100nm. No UV-Vis-IR focus shift.
120nm f/4.5 Macro UV-IR Apo
Tochigi Nikon Currently manufactured. Tochigi Nikon is a Nikon subsidiary. This is a replica of the UV-Nikkor. Transmits down to 200nm with approx. 60% trans at 220nm onward. Three quartz and three calcium fluoride elements. No UV-Vis focus shift. No hot spots. Exceptionally sharp. Must be special ordered. Approx. $7500(US).

One US distributor: Company Seven.
105mm f/4.5 Rayfact

PF10545MF-UV
F 52mm 46.50mm DaveO

Here ya go!! Finally!! I had to go turn on HTML for this board in order to show you that I've made progress in being able to update our Lens Sticky.

I am adding Range Estimate columns to the Lens information. Here I have not yet entered it.

Dedicated UV-Lens :: Photography :: Currently Manufactured

NAME Focal Length Speed Info Mount Filter Sz FFD Range

Estimate
Tester
Jenoptik

Optical Systems
Currently manufactured. Color corrected for 310-1100nm. Exceptionally sharp. No UV-Vis-IR focus shift. Transmission 290nm-1500nm. $5750(US).

Hotspots at high magnification in this lens can be easily controlled via extension tubes or by a certain kind of lens shade.

60mm f/4.0 CoastalOpt®

Apo Macro
F 52mm 46.50mm nfoto
Jenoptik

Optical Systems
Currently manufactured. Color corrected for 250nm-650nm. No UV-Vis focus shift. $5350(US).
105mm f/4.0 CoastalOpt®

UV-Micro-Apo
F 52mm 46.50mm kds315
MegaVision Currently manufactured shutter lens for medium format. Designed by Dr. Brian Caldwell. Corrected 325-1100nm. No UV-Vis-IR focus shift.
120nm f/4.5 Macro UV-IR Apo
Tochigi Nikon Currently manufactured. Tochigi Nikon is a Nikon subsidiary. This is a replica of the UV-Nikkor. Transmits down to 200nm with approx. 60% trans at 220nm onward. Three quartz and three calcium fluoride elements. No UV-Vis focus shift. No hot spots. Exceptionally sharp. Must be special ordered. Approx. $7500(US).

One US distributor: Company Seven.
105mm f/4.5 Rayfact

PF10545MF-UV
F 52mm 46.50mm DaveO

It looks excellent now Andrea. Can I just add a point about the Tochigi Nikon lens, Company Seven is the only distributor for the lens outside of Japan and effectively handles all sales in the 'rest of the world'.

Dave

Can I just add a point about the Tochigi Nikon lens, Company Seven is the only distributor for the lens outside of Japan and effectively handles all sales in the 'rest of the world'.

Daitron mentions being an "exclusive" distributor of Tochigi Nikon in the North America. However, I do not see any Rayfact lenses specifically mentioned on their pages.

This might be because Tochigi Nikon makes many industrial lenses .... The Company7 website list the UV 105 and a lot of information on it and UV/IR photography using this lens is posted. They also refer to the UV 105 in their product list (special order, no price quote given).