UltravioletPhotography

Me, A Newbie UVP Member and Fan

OrionM43

Hello to all my fellow UVP enthusiasts, and aficionados. My application for membership was accepted today; August 14,2015, to my great appreciation.

My screen name is; OrionM43, reflecting my astronomical interest, particularly with emphasis on the great Orion nebula. (I wanted OrionM42; however, someone beat me to the draw, I learned in 1996...my introduction to personal computers. FYI, the Orion constellation has both, M42, and M43.

Enough on that!

I have had a passion for photography for as far back as this 60-year old man can remember. Not just in framing, composing a shot,but in making the shot tell the secrets hidden in the light, motions, depths of field, etc.

While I am very excited to be a member of this very interesting site, and the topics discussed herein, I am a virgin at UV photography. I will be sort of reviewing posts from a distance, so to speak, and learning along my way, and as my free time permits.

I look forward to becoming acquainted with you, my new friends, and learning things that I never even gave a thought until the last couple of days.

Lest I forget, my real name is; Jack Knight, hence my email address of; .

My best to each of you, and my sincere thanks to the admin for accepting my application for membership.

OrionM43

We welcome any addition to the ecosystem diversity here at UVP. Although our main emphasis is UV, don't forget that you can show IR work as well.
Bill De Jager

Welcome, Jack!

Do you have any interest in ultraviolet astrophotogrpahy? I've looked into it a little and there are some technical issues such as much less light than visible astrophotography and poorer astronomical seeing, but a few people have done it from the Earth's surface. (Space-based UV observations are a whole other matter- quite interesting and scientifically useful, but beyond our reach here.) So far my only astrophotography has been visible solar- an annular eclipse and the Venus transit a few years ago.

• 1 month later...

Hello Jack and welcome to UVP. I hope you enjoy our little corner of the Ultraviolet world. Please feel free to ask any questions or to comment on what you read here.

BTW, I removed your email address from public view in your first post so that you do not get spammed by some spambot who trolls for just such things! You can always share it with UVP members through our messaging system (PM).

• 1 month later...