UltravioletPhotography

Hello from Flat Rock, North Carolina

OlDoinyo

My name is Clark Hecker and I have been active in the UV and IR communities on Flickr, as well as posting numerous conventional images. Most of my work is landscape, although I shoot other subject matter as well. I have explored UV with 35mm and medium-format b&w film and, to a lesser extent, with digital cameras. I probably do less floral macro work than most here; I have preferred to push the genre in other directions.

Hi Clark

I'm sure you will be most welcome here, most of us 'push the genre in other directions' too :D

Could you post your Flickr link please ?

Cheers

Col

from a land 'down-under'.

Welcome to the Ultravioletphotography (uvp) site. We are looking forward to your contributions and questions. The current perceived emphasis on botany is chiefly a result of history and main interests of the Admins. Members are free to post anything related to ultraviolet photography, as long as our guide lines are adhered to. There even is a section for IR as we frequently deal with IR as an issue and sometimes it is refreshing to enjoy IR on its own instead of treating that part of the spectrum as a curse.

On a tangential note: it is preferred to post text and image directly on this site. If you provide links, do ensure they can be followed by anyone, not just by members of another community. This is essential if you link to 'social media' as a lot of users either are blocked from entering such sites or won't touch them with a ten-feet pole, whichever comes first :D

Point taken, though it would have been difficult to post all of what I just linked here, and I do not want to spam the board; and I am still figuring out how to do inline images. What I just linked is publicly viewable, if you can touch it with your 3.048-meter pole. :D

Welcome Clark!

I occasionally browse the Flickr Ultraviolet Spectrum <400nm section and have seen some of your work.

You will find a wealth of very helpful technical information here!

Hello and welcome to UVP. I hope you enjoy the site !! ;)

We would be very happy to see more non-botanical photos posted here, so I hope you will post some of yours.