UltravioletPhotography

Pentax K5 Broadband: Visible Colour Correction

Here's a shot from my K-5 for comparison. I set up a "Custom Light" in Photo Ninja as you previously described using the mini Color Checker and saved it for use with all my sunlight shots. I used my B+W UV/IR cut filter as usual.

post-28-0-66821900-1403673433.jpg

Do these colours look too saturated to your eyes?

I don't have the small CC card to check this against. It might be a touch too saturated, but the flowers look ok. So I'm not sure.

When you made the preset in Photo Ninja, did you go to the Color Correction page and set it to Plain before saving?

The default saturation setting there is 50. That slider can be adjusted before saving as needed.

(I don't think 50 means anything percentage wise - it is simply PN's middle setting for saturation.)

Here's your post on doing the Photoninja setting

http://www.ultravioletphotography.com/content/index.php?/topic/621-photo-ninja-custom-light-profile-in-progress/

I followed that and then went into the color enhancement page and saved as Plain without moving the slider. I think the whole image is a bit underexposed to avoid blowing out the Spectralon (yes, it's a material sample from the agent, not an expensive calibrated disc)

So I have a Custom Light setting for both sunlight and my Metz flash that I call up to get the colours somewhere approaching what looks right.

Dave

Dave, or anyone else on this thread, be sure to hit Andrea's original Nikongear: 16 April 2013 LINK if you have not already seen the photos.

Really great stuff.

oh flapdoodle !!

I TOTALLY forgot about moving those photos.

I just put this task on my ToDo List.

Perhaps I can get to it this week.

John,

thanks! and thanks to Andrea! I will have to do one for my camera (several: one for IR, one for VIS, one for UV, etc). Even for VIS, I found flowers looked different in the shade than in sun light. Preset was done under sunlight.

Zach

Dave, or anyone else on this thread, be sure to hit Andrea's original Nikongear: 16 April 2013 LINK if you have not already seen the photos.

Really great stuff.