UltravioletPhotography

Photo Ninja: white balancing for UV

msubees

OK, I now got the license code for 2 weeks to test the software before buying it.

I am trying to see if I can do a preset for UV-wb (and perhaps another one for IR-wb) -- this wont be necessary in the future with my camera now white-balanced ok with a piece of virgin PTFE (thank you, Iggy!). but I still have some old shots done with a regular piece of PTFE and colors are off. Furthermore, Panasonic G5 only has 2 custom WB memory, but if I want to do full-spectrum and IR, then I wont have enough, currently with 1 for UV, and 1 for VIS.

I tried to follow the web tutorial for "preset", I can select "color correction" and "save" it, but I am not sure how do I correct one file and save that info to the "UVwb" preset. there does not seem to be an option to save what I did to that preset.

Also, I took a pic of the virgin PTFE, and tried to WB it, but the before (left) and after (right), neither look like neutral grey (18%) to my eyes (way too dark?)...This results seem to be the same with Light room last time (unable to WB uv shots).

post-41-0-91584000-1402937308.jpg

help!

I was able to get it better after increasing exposure by 1 EV for the above right pic. I can copy the setting from one file and paste to another file and render the target file correctly. but how do I save this in a preset....
I was able to save one preset, and can change other photos to this preset (with some a bit exposed). but for other photos, the UVWB preset is not visible...but if I click "default", it has the name "UVWB" there and all i can do is to save it...a bit confused.

Right under adjustments you will see Presets...

Click it.

When the window pops up, you will see Help... in the lower left corner.

Click that for futher help. On the Help screen look at the bottom: Managing presets and defaults.

After dragging the Color Correction slider over the left hand side, the photo looks like this:

post-41-0-91584000-1402937308pnProofResize.jpg

You could then further brighten it or whatever.

hmmm, maybe the trick is to drag over an area...I clicked one spot and that may have messed things up?

Thanks, Andrea!

After dragging the Color Correction slider over the left hand side, the photo looks like this:

post-4-0-33648600-1402965668.jpg

You could then further brighten it or whatever.