UltravioletPhotography

Lilium martagon [Martagon Lily]

nfoto

Rørslett, B. 2013. Lilium martagon L. (Liliaceae). Martagon Lily. Flowers photographed in visible and ultraviolet light, with fluorescence. http://www.ultraviol...-martagon-lily/

Lilium martagon L.

NO: Krøll-lilje

SE: Krollilja

DK: Krans-Lilje

FI: Varjolilja

DE: Türkenbund-Lilie

EN: Martagon Lily, Turk's-cap Lily

This is a medium tall, to 1 m, perennial species native to Eurasia. It is an ancient ornamental plant and easily naturalised from garden escapes. The typical habitats are meadows or along forest edges.

Flowering is in late spring or early summer. The terminal inflorescence carries scattered pendant flowers with reflected tepals and long exserted stamens and style. The dark pink to crimson flowers are fragrant with a slightly unpleasant (to humans) smell to them. They are pollinated by bees and bumblebees. The fragrance becomes more pungent in the evening so it is not unlikely night-active insects also call upon these flowers.

Plants collected near Oslo, Norway 4 July 2013 from a fully naturalised population in open deciduous woodland.

LILI_MAR_I1307055239_VIS.jpg

Image reference: LILI_MAR_I1307055239_VIS.jpg

Visible light: Nikon D600 broad-spectrum, UV-Nikkor 105 mm f/4.5 lens, Baader UV/IR Cut filter, Broncolor studio flashes with uncoated Xenon tube.

LILI_MAR_I13070450838_UV.jpg

Image reference: LILI_MAR_I13070450838_UV.jpg

Ultraviolet light: Nikon D600 broad-spectrum, UV-Nikkor 105 mm f/4.5 lens, Baader U2" (Venus) filter, Broncolor studio flashes with uncoated Xenon tube. 128 frames stacked in Zerene Stacker.

LILI_MAR_I1307055236_UVIFL.jpg

Image reference: LILI_MAR_I1307055236_UVIFL.jpg

Ultraviolet induced fluorescence: D600 broad-spectrum, UV-Nikkor 105 mm f/4.5 lens, Baader UV/IR Cut filter + Kodak 2E filter, Nichia UV LED torch (narrowband peak 365 nm)

This is stunning UVI-VisFL.

How do you handle the white balance for Fluorescence fotos ?

Do we have a known white fluorescing subject from which to measure ?

In this case, what came out from the camera corresponded exactly to what I saw with the naked eye. So I did not in any way change the white balance.

LabSphere carries fluorescence standards - at a price.