UltravioletPhotography

HI!

SteveE

Hi,

A while back, I bought a full spectrum GX85 on eBay without really understanding what I was getting into. Then I found this site and promptly fell down the rabbit hole. I just received my 39th lens, and have acquired a selection of Ocean Optics spectrographic gear. I am a computer engineer and frankly am more of a gassy gearhead than an artsy guy.

I learned photography in the late 60s with an Asahi Spotmatic, match needle metering! In my junior and senior years of high school I was one of the four yearbook photographers. I worked one summer during college as one of those traveling photographers that sets up temporarily in department stores and the like. After college, I drifted away from photography, being hampered by the lack of darkroom facilities. I was making do with an old super zoom until recently, when I realized mirrorless M43 would let me adapt my existing collection of M42 and FD lenses.

So here I am. Hopefully between the noob questions, I'll be able to make some useful contributions.

Steve

Welcome to our friendly UVP communiy. Our members haven't forgot their own rookie start into the mastering of "inivisible light".