•  

HI!

2 replies to this topic

#1 SteveE

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 20:57

Hi,

A while back, I bought a full spectrum GX85 on eBay without really understanding what I was getting into. Then I found this site and promptly fell down the rabbit hole. I just received my 39th lens, and have acquired a selection of Ocean Optics spectrographic gear. I am a computer engineer and frankly am more of a gassy gearhead than an artsy guy.

I learned photography in the late 60s with an Asahi Spotmatic, match needle metering! In my junior and senior years of high school I was one of the four yearbook photographers. I worked one summer during college as one of those traveling photographers that sets up temporarily in department stores and the like. After college, I drifted away from photography, being hampered by the lack of darkroom facilities. I was making do with an old super zoom until recently, when I realized mirrorless M43 would let me adapt my existing collection of M42 and FD lenses.

So here I am. Hopefully between the noob questions, I'll be able to make some useful contributions.

Steve
- Steve

#2 nfoto

Former Fierce Bear of the North

• Owner-Administrator
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 22:17

Welcome to our friendly UVP communiy. Our members haven't forgot their own rookie start into the mastering of "inivisible light".

#3 Mark

• Members(+)
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 23:21

Hi Steve. Looking forward to seeing your photo works.