UltravioletPhotography

Seen in St. Louis

This was seen in the Citygarden sculpture park in downtown St. Louis. The Sony A900 camera was used along with the Asahi 20mm lens at f/16 and a UG11/S8612 filter (image considerably cropped.) ISO was 400. Display intent BGR.

post-66-0-60860600-1547609280.jpg

This was the only UV shot of this scene that I managed. I had to brace against a wall as I had no tripod, and light was weak, so the image is not of high quality. One notices that the art appears of uniform hue. This is in contrast to the situation in the visible wherein the "shirt" is white while the "jacket" and "pants" are pink. Evidently the pink paint does not have any special UV-absorbing properties beyond that of the plain white.

Image looks fine, although much of it is in shadow. Nice and sharp for handheld, at this resolution anyway. The sculpture is interesting. Do you have a visible?

"Evidently the pink paint does not have any special UV-absorbing properties beyond that of the plain white."

Evidently, the head is invisible in UV? ;-)

I remind viewers that this UV has the typical UV false Bayer red/blue colors swapped. So out of white balanced out of camera this headless dapper statue would be blueish.

I could post an example... but you get the idea.

It always throws me off just a bit when I see these red/blue swapped UV shots. Once I remember what I am looking at then it makes me sense.

Painted... ?

OK if I adjust that pic a bit a post it?