UltravioletPhotography

Minolta lenses

Terry

Thanks Ulf, was hoping you had a landscape shot amongst them

No, I like to explore the false colours and they are found mostly in macro and flowers.

I have no landscape images in my collections with a UG2A-stack, but several of flowers.

UV landscapes are often only several nuances of gray and haze.

by itself its a dual band filter and produces IR images in the 670nm region

That is correct.

I have used a UG1, 1mm alone that way, when I forgot my IR-pass filters at home.

My UG2A is 2mm thick and only Ø52mm.

For IR and landscape I prefer my normal wider Canon EF lenses and would need a Ø77mm filter instead.

I had a 6D converted to 590nm because I couldnt fit filters to the 11-24 or 14mm lens. The widest lens I can fit a filter to is the 24 1.4 or the 24-105.

Im just keen to try the UG filters on FS to avoid the longwinded channel swap in PP.

For NIR with my Canon and really wide lenses I mount the naked filter glass with grey-tack putty at the rear of the lens onto the gel holder.

Here are some results from an EF 8-15mm fisheye with a 550nm filter glass, originally a B+W 040, 39mm, but now without the filter ring:

http://www.ultravioletphotography.com/content/index.php/topic/2425-more-simulated-aerochrome/page__view__findpost__p__17673

I have considered that but Im always worried the filter will fall off and damage the mirror. Might give it a try with the mirrorless though, thanks

I actually bought some ND Wrattens specifically for the 11-24 filter rear holder to shoot waterfalls but haven't had the opportunity to try them yet

I just checked my adapter and theres no room inside for the filter. The rear element almost touches the glass inside the adapter. Might be able to squeeze it between the sensor and the adapter though, will give it a try a little later on.

The Nikkor 105mm arrived today - pretty quick indeed but wow, horrid packaging!

Lets hope the lens is ok although it looks fine, aperture opens and closes as would be expected and there's not much else I suppose that could be wrong with it.

post-164-0-90459700-1544986238.jpg

post-164-0-74171800-1544986251.jpg

post-164-0-20666900-1544986265.jpg