UltravioletPhotography

South West of France

DonPilou

Good morning,

Such a long time without posting anything here, I have been very busy during all this year but keeping reading new posts regularly. Today I post 2 new pictures taken at the end of August in Soutt West of France, in a region called Perigord.

For the first picture I used a combination of Hoya U360 2mm and S8612 2mm in front of a Tokina 21mm F/3.8.

Gear : Canon 6D FS + Tokina 21mm F/3.8 + stack of U360 and S8612 (2mm each).

EXIF : 21mm, F/11, 8s, 100iso.

The result looks monochromatic but is in fact in colour, but in a very subtle way.

post-112-0-32583200-1543841615.jpg

Well framed with lovely tonal resolution and texture. I am surprised not to see more chromaticity, especially in the man-made surfaces in the photo (I do see a few exceptions if I look closely.) Is this the result of what was in the frame, or is this due to limited bandpass with the Tokina lens (I do not know the UV properties of this lens well?)

Thanks to your comments.

Well framed with lovely tonal resolution and texture. I am surprised not to see more chromaticity, especially in the man-made surfaces in the photo (I do see a few exceptions if I look closely.) Is this the result of what was in the frame, or is this due to limited bandpass with the Tokina lens (I do not know the UV properties of this lens well?)

I did not use the Tokina very often, but this following picture shows that it allows some great colour information. I think the monochromatic render here is due to the elements of the frame.

post-112-0-22937600-1543925253.jpg

Yep, I like that, all the way around it is a nice shot. I am a little afraid of heights though... that is quite a drop off... straight down almost. :unsure:

Ahah indeed, the picture was shot from a belvedere, so from a high point but well secured.

I like the last image.

The golden false colours are unusual for an UV-image.

Is there some more processing done after the white balance-step?

I like the last image.

The golden false colours are unusual for an UV-image.

Is there some more processing done after the white balance-step?

A simple channel swap, the same way than for infrared photography at 590nm and beyond.