UltravioletPhotography

Greeting from California, USA

Teppei Einaga

Teppei Einaga

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for accepting me into the group.

I found my interest in photography just 1 year ago, through a wonderment of IR photography. I mostly take landscape photos and have experimented with false colors and various filters. My favorite now is 850nm black and white. I enjoy creative process of IR photography and a wonderment I encounter in post-processing. I use a full-spectrum converted Sony a6000.

I would like now to explore the world of UV wavelength as well, and just obtained a Hoya U-360 and Schott S8612 filters. I look forward to learning about UV photography from the group!

Best regards,

Teppei

post-221-0-15954900-1542685701.jpg

Teppei Einaga
Thank you. Lens is an older kit lens SEL1855, but works well for IR. It has a hotspot @18mm but usable above 20mm. (I wonder if there is a hotspot issue in UV photography....)

Thanks for the reply T.

My Nikkor 50mm/f1.8 Ai lens, works great with my FS a7R, but I'm also considering wide-angle options for IR. It's tough to find a lens that works for both IR and UV, but some of the older Nikkors and El-Nikkors are an inexpensive option.

It's tough to find a lens that works for both IR and UV, but some of the older Nikkors and El-Nikkors are an inexpensive option.

I haven't found it tough? All my good UV lenses work well in IR, but not the other way around. I think if you stick to the sticky, all will be well. Wide angle is another story, however. Not too many wide angle options in UV. Unless you consider 35mm to be "wide."

Bill De Jager
Welcome, Teppei! Very nice IR image. Like you I prefer an ~850nm cutoff for IR, but it's also interesting to use a 1000nm filter sometimes.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello and Welcome to UVP! I hope you enjoy the website. We are rather slow and easy-going, but we have lots of good info.

Hotspots can happen in UV, but are very much less common. Something to do with those shorter wavelengths, perhaps?

I really like your food truck photo. :D Infrared supports photographic creativity exceptionally well, IMHO. In UV it seems to be a little more difficult to achieve knock-out photos (again, IMHO!!), but we have many examples here.