UltravioletPhotography

Hi from SE UK

Yon Marsh

Hi there,

Thank you for accepting me, the site has a plethora of information which I have already found extremely useful.

I am a freelance photographer, first started off in Biology using scanning technologies recording plant damage and predator prey relationships in parasitic wasps at Imperial Uni. Started working with scanning electron microscopes researching into killer bees and parasitic wasps, then became an applied science lecturer. Crossed back into the arts 20 years ago becoming a photography lecturer and freelance photographer, having completed a Masters in interactive digital media at Ravensbourne.

Experimented in the late 80’s with IR, now looking to experiment more so with IR and UV on digital formats. I am just starting to engage with these fields and find it fascinating, hoping to find my way in ideas of the unseen presence. I am starting to put together some bits and bobs to hopefully start off with fluorescence of the natural world.

Looking forward in conversing with like minded photographers, learning more.

Thanks, Yon

Hello Yon and welcome to UVP! I've been so busy with a recent filter test, that I am just now catching up to new posts. I'm happy to hear that you are finding useful info on our little website.

I'm quite fascinated to have another scientist-artist here. You mentioned interactive digital media. I'm thinking how cool it would be to see an interactive museum exhibit where the viewer could push a button to get a reflected UV view and then a fluorescent view of some scene or flower.