UltravioletPhotography

Hello from Down Under

crocoite

Hi there. My name is Steve Sorrell and I am a mineral collector, photographer, and artist. I recently purchased a Convoy S2+ UV torch and have been amazed by the number of mineral specimens that fluoresce, many unexpected.
Welcome to UVP. UV-induced fluorescence is a topic fascinating to all, and there are other spectral triggers to give fluorescence besides UV. Thus a topic of endless variety. Looking forward to your contributions.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Steve and welcome to UVP! I've been running a filter test recently and am just now catching up to new posts.

UV-induced visible fluorescence is indeed a fascinating area. We have a few posts here showing some mineral fluorescence. My favorite has always been my cool chunk of Calcite which shows an interesting phosphorescence as well as fluorescence.

We have some suggestions in Sticky :: UV Induced Visible Fluorescence . So do check that out.

Although I'm sure you are aware of the need for UV-blocking goggles, I am required to remind you to wear them when using UV-Led torches. -->> B)

Look on UVP for posts by member Mark who has made some UV-induced infrared fluorescent photos as well as visible fluor photos. And member Adrian posts some cool carnivorous plant fluorescence.