UltravioletPhotography

Hello, from the central U.S.

Watergirl

Hello, and thank you for adding me to this forum.

I live in the central United States where we have had a very stormy summer. It's been a great opportunity for storm chasers.

Artistic endeavors have always been a hobby. My work has been in science and management until I recently decided to follow a new path and work for myself.

I enjoy photography. I love working with macros and at any time can be found among the bees in the flowers. I have recently had a camera converted to work with astrophotography and IR. It's been fun to get off the beaten path, so to speak, and work in some new formats, learn, and grow. UV photography is the other part of the spectrum my full spectrum conversion will allow me to work with. I am just now setting myself up to work with it. Or perhaps it would be better to say, setting myself up to begin to work with it as I understand it is a bit involved and one could continue to get deeper into it. So I am scratching the surface.

I love that this forum has such knowledgeable members with a real focus on the detailed science involved. That suits my own scientific spirit, though this is not my area of expertise. I am now a student of it. I look forward to learning, and in time, contributing.

Andy Perrin
Hi! Welcome! What area of science were/are you in? I’m doing the self-employed thing also, as an engineering tutor. My interests are in image processing, especially using infrared, UV, and visible photos in combination to extract faded text from old books, gravestones, and most recently old painted advertising on buildings. (I have a post on the latter that I’m working on now.)

Hello and welcome to UVP! I hope you enjoy the site and find the information you might need. We all learn as we go along in this strange little corner of the alternate wavelength universe, so we are happy to have you here.

Cheers -

Andrea B.

Owner/Admin

Thank you, all.

Andy, I worked in electroplating chemistry, manufacturing, and with fermentation; not both of those in the same place though:) Your interests must have been an itch that tickled most of us at one time. I think it is a rare child that isn't fascinated by spy tech, hidden treasures right in front of us and the like. For a lucky few of us that need to discover hangs on. :)

I drove across the Midwest a few times, train also. Probably my most memorable image was a gas station somewhere in Nebraska or maybe Iowa, where the cashier wore a hat with moose antlers.

I didn't think there were any moose in Nebraska or Iowa, but I could be wrong.

• 1 month later...

Julie, I was just looking at your pet photos. Really lovely!

I was thinking that you might really enjoy some Infrared photography for your people photography. It is really unusual and can be quite magical. Most UV photographers don't do just UV, so we have a lot here about IR filters and lots of IR photos too.

BTW, you can put your website url in your signature if you like. Click your name in the upper right and select My Settings from the drop-down. When that page comes up, on the left you will see Signature to click.