UltravioletPhotography

Observational Failure

Andrea B.

You know how you can look at something for years and then suddenly notice a never before seen detail?

Miss Math Brain has failed to notice for 5 years that this smiley blinks. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder what is going on up there in my pretty little airy head.........

Anyway, we never did clearly define what this UV/IR Experiences section was for. It's not really meant to be a free-for-all chat section. That's because those always devolve into either jokes-copied-from-elsewhere or rants. At least that has been my unfortunate experience on so many forums where I've admin-ed. I suppose we meant this section to be a generic messaging section of some kind. It's been here so long, that I'm going to just let it be.

However, I did relabel this section to indicate that it is non-technical. And I've moved a few topics to the technical section UV/IR Techniques, Tests & Gear Talk. That way, the tech topics originally posted here can be indexed next time I run the indexing code.

[Done 10 June 2018 11:44 EDT US] added 3 words. removed duplicate timestamp.

I had actually wondered. I thought a controlled study with full details would go into tech section. Then a quick user report like "hey this light bulb worked great for me." Would fit here.

I now however over think everything and only want to do reproducible studies with controlled settups before posting.

I also am not much to share images as I find them personal. Equally I don't comment much on people's images as I respect their artistic expression and whose to say my way would have been better.

I will try to chime in on setup details like white balance those or filter usage, as to help with the next time.

Yes, we should have made things clearer initially. But it was useful to see how things shook down over time.

It has worked out that most tech topics, whether formal or a quick report, have been placed into the Tech section. And here we tend to find items like top ten lists or the "hey I'm going to be on vacation, see you later" comments or informal notices from us owner/admins.

Also, because I want to continue to index tech topics, whether detailed or quick reports, then having them all in the Tech section is the only way to do that.

This is a slow gentle little website, methinks, mehopes. There seems to be very good respect here. Nobody criticizes here. Occasionally someone might critique a bit. Or ask questions out of curiosity. (OK, maybe a couple of times I've seen someone get a bit snorty, but they soon think better of it.)

I think people enjoy seeing other folks' work because it gives them ideas and because it's both instructive and fun to see how each person handles the unusual UV genre of photography. We have such an amazing range of UV photography -- people, flora (lots!!), fauna, abstract, technical, landscape, pets, fluorescence, geographic wonders, travel and more. I don't think most of us here think that one way is better than another, artistically speaking. Although I grant that most of us probably do have favorite ways of making and/or converting UV photos. But that's normal.

Reproducible studies and controlled setups are fine in their place. But don't forget the photography, OK? :D And I'm sure everyone would like to hear an occasional comment just so they know they are reaching someone somewhere! They do not always want to hear from just me every time.

Andy Perrin
They do not always want to hear from just me every time.

Hey, I help! Okay, they probably don't want to hear from me all the time either.

You do help! Grazie mille. ;)

(Now shouldn't that smiley actually wink? I think so.)

I always appreciated your comments on my posts.

They added good ideas and improved the content.

Thank You Andrea.

And thank you also, Ulf. I have enjoyed your posts and comments. :)