UltravioletPhotography

Introduction

Walter

I'm located in central Alabama and have been a forensic photographer for a lot of years, mostly using film (all formats except 8 x 10). I'm engaged in some writing and research with UV/IR techniques using DSLR and 4x5 digital.

Thanks for allowing me to participate.

The forum is well managed and provides a great service which I appreciate.

Hello Walter and welcome to UVP. It is great to have a forensics practioner as a member. Thank you for the nice compliment about our little UVP website. Making information freely available to everyone has always been a goal.

I'm thinking that the rise of digital imaging must make it easier for forensics teams to immediately see whether they have captured the necessary documentation, yes? On the other hand, there is the problem of authentication of digital imagery and assurance that it has not been altered in any way. Perhaps you can give us a few comments about that when you get a moment?

I started a section labeled "forensics" but we don't get much there. It was intended as a kind of general purpose section to show how various subjects appear in UV, but most images wind up in other sections. :)

Welcome as a UVP member. Forensic UV sounds fascinating and I hope you'll show us some examples.