UltravioletPhotography

Castle Hill, Crane Estate - RG830

bobfriedman

Nikon D800E RG830 ,Nikkor AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8G ED

1/400s f/8.0 at 14.0mm iso320

http://www.pbase.com/bobfriedman/image/167429440/original.jpg

Andrea B.

Love those dark skies.

This slanted landscape is something else! I might be tempted to shoot it with the wall horizontal.

Just to see what it would look like. :lol:

Andy Perrin
I tried it in photoshop. The results are amusing. Leaning Tower of Ipswich, anyone?

Um, no, tried it, crop that and it interests me less, besides cutting off a lot of periphery, which would be another story if shot that way originally,

but I see no interest in an adjusted horizon version. I would post it, but not worth the effort for me.

Bob, Nice shot .

Andy Perrin

I agree it's better as originally shot, but here's my version. Content Aware Fill has been liberally applied.

post-94-0-95662400-1525634448.jpg

bobfriedman
How about this... i guess i could have kept going but i decided to stop and crop right hand side

post-16-0-12885800-1525635162.jpg

Andy Perrin
I thought the idea was to straighten the wall? Mine is perfectly level, I used the ruler tool.
bobfriedman

I thought the idea was to straighten the wall? Mine is perfectly level, I used the ruler tool.

ohhh.. ok... i thought pretty damn close was good enough.

It is about the brand of level you use. Notice in my version I have chosen to use the STANLEY brand level, and the accuracy of the leveled horizon in this version speaks for the quality of the equipment used.

I like the first one best.

The strong wide-angle distorsion in the foreground makes me feel like falling into the picture.