UltravioletPhotography

River Glåma in Østerdalen, Norway

The scene of this image previously posted in the old Nikongear forum was located to "River Glåma in Østerdalen south of Elverum, around Jømna" by Bjørn. Captured with my Nikon D40x IR-720nm (Lifepixel standard conversion) and 105mm f/2.5 AIS on approach to Oslo Airport (Gardemoen). The false color editing included a number of control points to bring out the reds.

p2811736908.jpg

This is very cool!

And I actually remember a similar view when flying into Gardemoen. :D

I can tell that this image contains IR, but I would enjoy hearing the details of how this image was produced. Is there any visible light here?
Thanks for the comments both of you. This is a simple IR capture. The Nikon D40x has been modified with a Lifepixel standard modification that replaces the factory UVIRcut/antialiasing filter on the sensor with a lowpass filter that has cutoff at about 720 nm, so it is mostly IR with some visible red. Then as noted, colors have been edited to my likining - the control points in CNX2 allows color based selections that can be modified with respect to colors and other parameters like contrast and saturation. Before the control point steps I used an LCH step that globally moved the red channel to blue.